Cloud Security Assessment
Organizations that are moving to the cloud, or assessing their existing cloud deployments, need a cloud security strategy that aligns with the overall organizational structure and objectives. 2nd Sight Lab specializes in assessments of IAAS cloud deployments including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud Assessments can have many components. A comprehensive cloud security assessment from 2nd Sight Lab includes the following:
To request a cloud security assessment, please reach out to Teri Radichel on LinkedIn.
- Assessment of security controls using recommended best practices such as the Cloud Security Alliance GRC Stack recommendations and NIST Cloud Security Guidelines.
- An architecture review including infrastructure, application, and CI/CD pipeline deployment architecture.
- Identify gaps in cloud security that may lead to exploitation based on top cloud threats.
- A vulnerability scan or pen test. If a company is just getting started with cloud security, a vulnerability scan or architecture review may be sufficient. A company that is more advanced may want a full penetration test.
- Staffing and organizational structure assessment. Does your organization have the skills required to implement cloud security effectively? Does the organizational structure complement or hinder cloud security? Are there underutilized resources on the staff that could assist with cloud security?
- How can operational activities and tools better alert the company of security events or incidents?
- Review of incident response practices and recommended improvements.